Learn poses to correct your curve.
Feel freedom in your body.
Take control of your own health and well-being.
Join Lior Zackaria Hikrey, Iyengar Yoga Instructor and Rachel Krentzman, Physical Therapist and Yoga Therapist, for a program designed especially for adults and teens who want to use yoga to help reduce the impact of scoliosis on their well being.
Together, we bring over 35 years of practice and teaching into an easy-to-use program that teaches you how to take control of your own spine.
You will learn 12 key postures that are specifically beneficial for those with scoliosis no matter how significant your curve is. You will learn how to feel taller, lighter, freer and pain free, with do-it-yourself tools that you can practice anywhere at anytime.
For this program you will need: One yoga strap, 2 blocks, a chair and a few blankets or towels.
This program is designed for individuals who have scoliosis and no other physical limitations or conditions. Please consult your physician and/or physical therapist before beginning any yoga program.
- 1. Extended Child's Pose - Yoga Mudra Variations (12:58)
- 2. Reclining Arms Overhead Posture - Supta Urdvha Hastasana (12:32)
- 3. Sidebody Lengthening Against a Wall - Urdvha Eka Hastasana (6:24)
- 4. Downward Facing Dog variations on chair - Adho Mukha Svanasana (10:12)
- 5. Triangle Pose - Utthita Trikonasana (6:15)
- 6. Extended Side Angle Pose - Utthita Parsvakonasna (6:03)
- 7. Warrior I with foot on chair & arm variations - Virabhadrasana I (5:44)
- 8. Standing Wide Legged Forward Fold - Prasarita Padottonasana (7:07)
- 9. Sitting on Heels with Arms Overhead - Vajrasana with Padanguliasana (3:38)
- 10. Sidelying Posture for Scoliosis - Anantansana (6:10)
- 11. Side Plank Variations - Vasisthasana (5:26)
- 12. Seated Spinal Twist - Bharadvajasana (9:16)
- Final Relaxation - Savasana (6:09)
Meet the Cast:
We are very excited to bring this unique program of Yoga Therapy for Scoliosis to you. We both healed our own back pain from scoliosis using yoga and are certain of the benefits that an intelligent and specialized yoga practice can offer. Join Aria and Noam and learn postures that will improve your posture, relieve back pain and tension and make you feel better each day!
Pictured left to right: Noam Krentzman, Rachel Krentzman, Lior Hikrey, Aria Fine
Enrich your study
Aged 16, Rachel Krentzman was diagnosed with scoliosis. At 32 she suffered a herniated disk and was told she would have to modify her activities for the rest of her life – instead, Rachel is now a walking testimonial for how yoga can be used therapeutically to heal your back pain.
Her books are companions to the Happy Back Yoga Professional Training and Yoga Therapy for Scoliosis respectively.